Collagen has widespread benefits and can improve the structural integrity of everything from your joints and skin to your vital organs, blood vessels, gastrointestinal tract, and bones. You can find all key questions and answers below:
1. How can Collagen+ support me?
Collagen is a key component for radiant, healthy skin, and maintaining the integrity of the extracellular matrix is essential for a youthful skin appearance. Collagen is one of the most important structural substances in our bodies, accounting for 25% to 30% of our bodies’ total protein and 75% of our skin. Marine collagen peptides have been shown to effectively penetrate the stratum corneum to the epidermis and dermis, contribute to the activation of fibroblasts and accelerate collagen synthesis. Collagen peptides can have a profound effect on the biological regulation of the skin and have been shown to boost new collagen production.
BePure Collagen+ is great for anyone:
- Over the age of 25 looking to maintain naturally diminishing collagen type 1 reserves.
- Suffers from visible skin inflammation; dermatitis, psoriasis, melasma, UV damage, eczema and more.
- Looking to improve digestive and gut health.
- Looking to improve joint health and reduce joint pain.
- Looking to improve skin, hair and nail health.
- Looking to nourish inner health for a natural outter glow.
- Or anyone looking to combat natural signs of ageing.
2. What is in Collagen+?
What puts the plus in Collagen+? It's our secret ingredient, Polypodium leucomotos, which is a fern that has been used traditionally by indigenous Hondurans due to its many beneficial effects, particularly with the skin. Not only is it an antioxidant that helps reduce inflammation that contributes to “inflamm-aging” - but it also acts as an internal sunscreen, helping protect against UV radiation damage.
Other key ingredients include:
- Type 1 Marine Collagen Peptides - Type 1 collagen is highly bioavailable and can improve the structural integrity of everything from our joints, skin, vital organs, blood vessels, gastrointestinal tract, and bones.
- Functional Keratin - Unique protein found in hair and nails.
- Zinc (As Zinc Picolinate) - Important mineral and antioxidant for skin
- Vitamin C - A powerful antioxidant that has been shown to improve new collagen synthesis.
- Bioflavonoids - Promote healthy skin and blood vessels and support the life span of Vitamin C in the body.
- Silica - A mineral that assists in the production of hair, skin and nails
- Vitamin E - An antioxidant that helps protect skin against radiation and damage.
- Natural Vanilla or Chai Flavour
- Monkfruit (Natural Sweetener)
3. What type of collagen do you use?
We use type 1 collagen - the most abundant type found in the human body and a highly bioavailable form.
4. Where do you source your collagen?
We use marine collagen which is sourced from sustainably farmed fish skin.
5. How do I take Collagen+?
Add 13g (2 x level tablespoons) to your favourite drink or smoothie, or even a glass of water. Due to the presence of our extra ingredients such as Polypodium leucomotos and vitamin C, we do not recommend using Collagen+ in hot drinks as the temperature can denature these other nutrients.
6. Can I take Collagen+ while pregnant or breastfeeding?
No, Collagen+ is not suitable to take while pregnant or breastfeeding due to our extra-special skin-loving ingredient Polypodium leucomotos, which is not safe during these stages of life.
7. How much collagen is in each serving?
Each 13g serving of Collagen+ contains 10g of collagen.
8. What is the macronutrient breakdown of Collagen+?
Collagen+ is a dietary supplement therefore we do not have a NIP (Nutrition Information Panel) detailing macronutrient breakdown. However, based on the nutrients included in this supplement as well as the additional ingredients, the protein content would be close to that of the collagen content (this is because collagen is a protein; 10g), fat would be 0g and there's negligible amounts of carbohydrate/sugar, i.e. less than 0.1g per serve. The overall energy content per serve would be no more than 200kJ - predominantly coming from protein.
9. Can I take Collagen+ with other supplements and/or protein powders?
Yes, absolutely - Collagen+ can be taken with any other products in our range. There is also 10g of collagen/protein in each serving, however, if you are using this as part of a smoothie for a meal you may want to add additional protein to keep you full.
10. Is Collagen+ suitable for children?
We recommend Collagen for ages 12+
11. Is Collagen+ suitable for vegans?
No, collagen is sourced from fish so it is not suitable for vegans.
12. Is Collagen+ allergy-friendly?
Collagen+ is free from gluten and dairy, however, it is marine collagen so may not be suitable for those with shellfish or fish allergies, and also contains vitamin E derived from soy.