BePure Iron Restore is for anyone needing to boost low iron levels. Read below to hear some of our most commonly asked questions and their answers.
1. What is in Iron Restore?
Iron Restore contains iron alongside some key ingredients to promote iron absorption and utilisation. The key ingredients are:
- Iron biglycinate - a highly bioavailable and non-constipating form
- Vitamin C to assist with the absorption of iron
- Essential blood building cofactors, B9, B12, and B6 to further assist in the production of hemoglobin
2. How do I take Iron Restore?
The recommended dose of Iron Restore is one capsule per day on an empty stomach. If you are particularly sensitive, it is ok to take Iron Restore with food.
3. Iron supplements usually upset my tummy - is Iron Restore different?
Digestive issues are common with many iron supplements, however, unlike other iron supplements, Iron Restore won't leave you constipated. Iron bisglycinate (the form we use) is highly bioavailable and very gentle on the gut—helping boost depleted iron levels without discomfort.
4. Can I take Iron Restore if I'm anaemic?
Yes, you can take Iron Restore if you are anaemic or struggle with regular low iron stores. The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that one-third of all women of reproductive age are anaemic, so this is particularly designed for people that regularly menstruate and women that are pregnant or postpartum.
5. Can I take Iron Restore while pregnant or breastfeeding?
Yes, you sure can and that's a great idea - our blood volume increases significantly during pregnancy, which means we need more iron to continue carrying oxygen around our body. Similarly, blood loss associated with birth and returning periods can deplete our iron stores so taking an iron supplement is a great idea during and after pregnancy, and while breastfeeding.
6. How do I know if I need Iron Restore?
Low iron is incredibly common, particularly among menstruating women. The main sign of low iron is low energy and brain fog, and you can always get this tested by asking your GP for a blood test.
We also recommend Iron Restore for any women who experience heavy periods, as it is likely you will be low in iron.
7. Is Iron Restore suitable for children?
Iron Restore is recommended for ages 12+.
8. Can I take Iron Restore with my medication?
Please check with your doctor before taking Iron Restore if you are on any prescription medications. Iron can interfere with the absorption of many medications so we recommend taking this 2 hours before or 4 hours after medication, including the oral contraceptive pill.
9. Can I take Iron Restore with my gut health conditions?
Iron Restore is not recommended for those with peptic ulcer disease, ulcerative colitis, or gastroenteritis.
10. Can I take Iron Restore with other supplements?
Yes, you can take Iron Restore with any other supplement in our range except for Mum's One, which already has iron in it.
11. Is Iron Restore suitable for vegans?
Yes, Iron Restore is free from any animal-sourced ingredients so is suitable for vegans.
12. Is Iron Restore allergy-friendly?
Iron Restore is free from gluten, dairy, and soy but does contain Vitamin C derived from corn, so if you are very sensitive to corn it may be best to avoid Iron Restore.